Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 26, 2011

IELTS letter - You have moved to a new place. Write a letter to a friend giving reasons why you moved to that place. Describe that place. Invite your friend to visit you.



Dear Sarah,

Hope this letter finds you in radiant health and the best of spirits. The good news is that I got a promotion and so I have moved from Phagwara to Chandigarh.

You know very well that I have been working with the HDFC Bank for the last five years. My promotion was long overdue. Last month I got my promotion and along with that I also got a transfer to the head office at Chandigarh.

Chandigarh is a very nice and beautiful city. In fact it is the most well planned city of Punjab. There is a lot to see in Chandigarh. The shopping centres are too good and even the night life is very good. There is the Sukhna Lake which is always full of tourists. Then there is the famous Rock Garden made completely from waste materials. It is the effort of a single person Nek Chand over a period of 12 years.

I got my accommodation through the bank in sector 35. Why don’t you come over for a few days. I am sure you will like it here. We would visit all these places together and also share some nostalgic memories of our college years.

Hoping to see you soon!

Yours lovingly,
Kiran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive