Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 26, 2011

IELTS letter - You heard that there is a group of people doing unpaid work helping old people in the local community. Write a letter to the group. In your letter, you should: Tell how you heard about the group Confirm the importance of their work Give details of what you can do to help?



Dear Sir,

My name is Amit Gaba and I am working with Bayer Pharmaceuticals. I heard from one of my colleagues that your group works for the elderly people of the community. I must congratulate you on doing this commendable job. Today we belong to a greying society and as people live longer, they face many problems also during this time.

I am writing this letter to enquire whether it would be possible to offer my voluntary services for any kind of work in the evenings and on weekends. I have done a certificate course in Gerontology and would like to help the aged in the Old Age Home of this locality. The main problem of the elderly is social isolation and by spending time with them, I could help them a lot. I could also guide them in some yoga exercises which would really help to keep them fit.

Sir, I would be highly grateful if you give me the opportunity to work in this field in the evening hours and on weekends. I am busy Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.

Please feel free to call me for any further information. My contact number is 9888195776.

Yours faithfully,
Amit Gaba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive