Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, May 19, 2011

You live in an English speaking country and you want to do some voluntary work. Write a letter to the local council to let them know the following: - why you want to do this voluntary work - what your skills and experience are - what can you do as a volunteer




Dear Sir,

My name is Amit Gaba and I am working with Bayer Pharmaceuticals. I am here on a HWM (Holiday Work Maker) visa for two years. I am writing this letter to enquire whether it would be possible to offer my voluntary services for any kind of work in the evenings and on weekends.

I have come to this country alone and after my work hours, I have a lot of free time which I would like to utilise productively. I have done a certificate course in Gerontology and I have noticed that there is an Old Age Home in this locality. The main problem of the elderly is social isolation and by spending time with them, I could help them a lot. As it is, we belong to a greying society and the population of the elderly is growing by leaps and bounds. So, I feel there would be a lot for voluntary workers in this field. It would also be a win-win situation for me because I would also get to know a lot about the local culture and tradition.

Sir, I would be highly grateful if you give me the opportunity to work in this field in the evening hours and on weekends so that I have a lot of pleasant memories to take back with me when I go back to my home country after two years.

Please feel free to call me for any further information. My contact number is 9888195776.

Yours faithfully,
Amit Gaba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive